Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New Dredd Film



One of my old covers seems to be cropping up on the articles about the new Dredd film, which is nice :)
Anyway hope it's better than the last one. I do have a bit of a soft spot for it though as it gave me my first break into comics. "Judge Dredd Lawman of the Future" was a kids comic supposedly based on the Stallone film. Dredd wore the movie costume in the strips and the stories were aimed at a younger audience than 2000ad, so no violence and shooting etc. the fact that the film ended up being a 15 cert kind of messed things up a bit though. 

Here's the links


And the cover, colours by Chris Blythe.

4 comments:

alan said...

No wonder. This has a classic iconic look. I guess coming from the Bolland end of things.

The movie had its moments but shouldn't have been star-driven, I guess; yet would have been hard to fund otherwise, in a time before superhero movies were all the rage. Hard to imagine movie execs wanting to keep Dredd's helmet on throughout (I recall sniffy reviews of V saying it didn't work coz you never got to see the character's face).

Lee Townsend said...

Yes I am looking forward to the new movie, I wonder who is going to be playing Dredd any ideas yet? like you though Dylan I have a soft spot for the original, great Dredd by the way!

PJ Holden said...

I'd like to point out, that I helped you work out what Dredd's crotch might look like in the pose - as I recall, I think I suggested he should have a massive wang, but you just ignored me.

-pj

Simon said...

'Massive Wang'?...didn't Dredd arrest him in Chino-City at one point? Lol!

Sci-Fi and B-Movie 'actor' Brion James should be Dredd in the new movie (with the helmet on!) - he was the alien bounty hunter from X-Files also.

Happy New Year!